The definition for Valentine’s Day is, “a day when it is traditional to send a card, often anonymously, to a person one is romantically involved with or attracted to.”
For many of us the foods we prepare are an extension of our character and a way to show love for others. With that in mind, I wanted to share a deliciously sweet and satisfying treat. This one is easy to whip up with ingredients in your pantry and those extra banana’s you have lying around. Enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
• 2-3 fresh organic bananas (or sub for organic/local strawberries in the summer!)
• 1/4 cup raw cocao powder
• 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
• 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
1. Melt ¼ cup organic coconut oil in a pot on the stove on low.
2. Once oil is melted remove pot from heat, combine cocao powder and maple syrup to mixture.
3. Cut bananas in half or bite size pieces depending on whatever you like. Dip into chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with toppings of your choice. I used organic unsulphured coconut shreds, almonds, and kept some some plain!
4. Store them on wax paper on a tray in the freezer. I would recommend freezing until the chocolate is completely solid, up to 6 hours or best overnight.