Dr.Lee is speaking on February 24th at the Steveston Community Center. The topic is on healthy digestion for Seniors.
Here are some health tips from his talk:
1) To allow adequate digestion, eat to only about 75% of your capacity.
2) The body follows a regular rhythm, so eating should follow a clear and regular daily pattern. Larger meals taken in the morning and afternoon, while smaller meals consumed later in the day.
3) Eat slowly and chew foods thoroughly. Avoid being distracted or emotionally upset while eating. This can lead to poor digestion.
4) Use fresh organic produce. Use foods local to your area. Use seasonal fruits and vegetables.
5) Moderation, discipline, and balance are fundamental concepts to remember when eating.