Vancouver has been spoiled with all the beautiful sunshine and warmer temperatures. Perhaps you’re getting outside playing more sports and being more active and have noticed that you are having to drink more water. However, have you been drinking enough water to stay adequately hydrated?
Water is the most important thing that our body requires to perform at its best – our bodies are 70% water! Optimal hydration
means better digestion, clearer skin, better blood pressure, lower weight, and other health benefits. Some people don’t get enough water daily, either because they dislike the taste, or they don’t think about drinking more.
How can you stay hydrated?
- Make your water taste better! Include slices of lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, cucumber, or berries to your water to create a tasty, sugar-free beverage.
- Drink at least 1/2 of your body weight in ounces. For example, a 200 lb person would drink 100 oz which is 3L of water a day.
- Not a fan of food in your water? Brew some concentrated herbal tea and then top it off with cold water and refrigerate. This way you can have your favourite cold herbal tea to sip on.
- Get a fun container to drink out of. We love these Libre Tea tea tumblers because you can put fruit inside and drink it without having the fruit fall out.
- Make tasty ice cubes to put in your plain water. Freeze herbal tea or make mint ice cubes – the sky is the limit!
- Carry a waterbottle around with you so you never go without.