Get ready to treat yourself with these protein-packed, whole foods, cottage cheese pancakes!
Our bodies use protein to build and repair tissues, make enzymes, hormones, and it also play a very important role to help balance blood sugar levels. Did you know that eating too little protein can impair your mood, energy levels, and result in a sluggish metabolism?
These pancakes would be great to help you through the holidays without indulging in too many sweets. Try them for snacks or a meal!
- 1/2 cup – Organic large flaked oats
- 1/2 cup – Low sodium organic cottage cheese
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 tsp organic butter for pan
- Combine ingredients in your blender to mix. Let the pancake mixture sit to thicken for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, to desired size.
- Flip the pancakes once bubbling.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Organic maple syrup (1 tbsp serving size)
- Berry compote (1/2 cup berries mixed with 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 mashed banana, 2 tbsp. organic yogurt + organic maple syrup. Combine and enjoy!
*Prepare extra and freeze in sandwich bags for quick, grab-and-go breakfast option in the morning. Just toast them in the morning![/tagline_box]