HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PROTEIN FRAPPUCCINO
Do you know how much sugar is in a typical Frappucino? A grande mocha frap has 65 grams of sugar…that’s around 17 teaspoons of sugar! That’s a lot. We just don’t need that much in our daily intake. Sugar is one of the largest food contributors to inflammation in the western diet. Making sugar substitutions can cause dramatic impacts on the body. Give this recipe a try to reduce your sugar intake, while balancing your blood sugar with protein and overall supporting your bodies metabolism.
Ingredients + Directions
- 2.5 tbsp freshly ground organic coffee beans, to brew 1 cup of coffee. Allow coffee to cool and place in an ice cube tray or any small container, and freeze over night.
- In the morning, place the cubes or slightly thaw the solid mass so you are able to chunk it up and place the frozen coffee in the magic bullet/blender.
- 1 scoop of Dream Whey Protein Powder (can be purchased at Brio)
- 1/2 cup home made almond milk or water (you can add to this as you blend to achieve the best result) *use raw organic almonds to ensure your not harming your health going dairy free with “gassed” almond milk. Click HERE to learn more! In fact, sprouting almonds, and any other nuts, seeds, lentils, beans for that matter releases the anti-nutrient phytic acid, and allows the nuts, etc to be completely bio available and easily digestible.
- Options to add: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, top with cinnamon, or 1/2 tsp cacao powder (check out this link to learn more about the healing benefits of cacao)
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!
- Pour into your favourite glass, enjoy with a spoon or straw, or simply sip away-zero refined sugar added!
- Note: swap out whey protein powder for a vegan protein powder and this would be a superfood vegan frap.