Thank you to all of the local businesses who have participated in Brio’s Earth Day event this year! A huge thank you to Cabin + Cub, Sweet Digz Farm, Atlantis Day Spa, Giddy YoYo, Libre Tea, Nourished by Janice, Raincity Soaps, Ironwood Cleaners, Wellspring Health, Seroyal, Heringers & Wexford Candle Co.
Brio has donated these amazing reusable shopping bags with a pouch and sailor knot drawstring. Go green and say no to both paper and plastic with these stylish reusable shopping bags. Compact enough to fit just about anywhere so you’ll never be without them! Check out Kikkerland reusable shopping bags!
We had such an unbelievable response from our patients this year, thank you to everyone who participated. The winners of our Earth, Air, Water & Fire gift baskets have been contacted. Don’t forget to follow Brio on Facebook and Instagram to enjoy our events, product specials, monthly newsletters and more.
10 Earth Day Tips!
- If we all switched from bleached plastic-packaged toilet paper made from new wood to 100% recycled, we would save 10 million trees each year.
- 50 percent of the plastic we use, we use just once and throw away.
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth four times.
- We currently recover only five percent of the plastics we produce.
- As much as 95% of clothes thrown away could have been re-worn or recycled.
- By simply recycling one aluminum can, you are saving enough energy to watch a TV for three hours. Recycling one glass bottle is enough to light a traditional light bulb for four hours.
- We use more than 80 billion aluminum soda cans every year. It takes 90 percent less energy to recycle aluminum cans than to make new ones.
- Recycling every newspaper would save about 250 million trees each year.
- Check out your bathroom. Use low-flow faucets, shower heads, and toilets. When brushing your teeth and washing your face, turn off the faucet in between.
- Use reusable wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets.