- 18-20 large fresh, strawberries (preferably organic)
- 8-10 ounces (225 – 285 grams) of good quality, dark or bittersweet chocolate, rated 70%, chopped coarse
- Wash strawberries and allow them to dry totally and completely on a paper towel lined plate or tray. Ready another plate or tray with wax paper or parchment to hold the dipped berries.
- Set up a double boiler. Fill a 4-5 quart (liter) saucepan with a few inches of water. Bring to a strong simmer. Place the dark chocolate in a small to medium stainless steel bowl that will fit just inside of the pan. Place bowl inside of the pan and turn heat down to low. Melt chocolate slowly, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Carefully holding a berry my the stem, dip and roll the berry in the melted chocolate. Allow excess to drip off, then turn the berry upside down for a few seconds to set. Place the berry on the clean line tray.