We have had many comments from patients requesting that we upload the bone broth recipe from our November newsletter to the website.
Enjoy the recipe!
BONE BROTH RECIPE
2-3 pounds bones of grass-fed beef or organic/pastured chicken (raw or cooked leftovers)
4 L filtered water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- Place bones in a stock pot or crock pot and fill with water (bones should be mostly submerged)
- Add vinegar and all vegetables except parsley to the water.
- Bring to a boil, and remove any scum that rises to the top.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and let simmer.
- If bones have meat and/or marrow in them, these will start to separate from the bones after a few hours. You can help separate the meat and marrow from the bones every couple hours.
- Simmer for 12-24 hours.
- Remove remaining bones from the broth and strain the rest through a strainer to remove anybone fragments.
Refrigerate or freeze in smaller portions. You can remove some of the fat that solidifies on top if you wish. Much of the stock should gel (that’s a good thing). Now you’re ready to use the broth as a base for all kinds of soups, stews and sauces – or just drink it straight!